Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meal Plan - Week of 1/6/13

So, this is my attempt at tracking my meal plans for the year. I like to try new recipes that I find on Pinterest or elsewhere online, but them I forget where I found the recipe and then I'm completely bummed because I don't have access to the yummy recipe anymore! So I'm going to start putting some of my recipes on here for my reference (& yours too, if you're interested).

Next weekend is my family's annual slumber party at my parents' house. I'm sure I will be responsible for at least some of the food, but we haven't planned out the weekend menu yet.

So, here this week's meal plan:

Monday - pork tenderloin with a peach-honey glaze (recipe below) and roasted cauliflower
Tuesday - chili
Wednesday - our church serves a meal on Wednesday nights for a nominal amount so that's what we normally do on Wednesdays
Thursday - Italian beef
Friday - family slumber party
Saturday - family slumber party
Sunday - family slumber party

Pork tenderloin (recipe from food.com):

Preheat oven to 500-550 degrees.
Put tenderloin in a roasting pan on the bottom third of the oven
Cook EXACTLY 5 1/2 minutes per pound of tenderloin
Without opening the oven, turn oven off and let the tenderloin sit in oven for an hour
Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.

Peach-honey glaze (recipe found here):

1 cup peach preserves
2 Tbsp honey
Juice of one small lemon

Bring to boil, then simmer for 2 minutes

I use glaze as more of a sauce than an actual glaze.

Bon appetit!

No comments: