Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy new year!  I can't believe it's already 2013... although when I say that, I feel like it makes me sound old... so NEVER MIND!  ha.

I've started the new year with a fever (and I'm guessing, influenza... didn't go to the doctor, but Don had it the week before me), so I've been working really hard at holding down the couch for the last few days.  One thing about just sitting around ALL. DAY. LONG. though is that I've had a chance to reflect on my last year's goals and figure out what I want to set for goals for this upcoming year.  I mentioned in last year's post that I don't do resolutions, but goals seem more like something I'll keep working towards.

So to review my goals for 2012, my goals were:
Regular devotions with the kids
Memorize Psalms 139
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Do 20 "real" pushups in a row
Run a 5k without walking
Weigh a certain amount (nunya bizness!)
Take a picture a day

I did NOT do well with regular devotions with the kids.  I did NOT memorize Psalms 139.  I did start drinking 8 glasses of water a day.  I did 20 "real" pushups in a row last week.  I ran a 5k without walking (The Color Run... a really fun run!), I did NOT lose the weight that I had in my head.  And I didn't last very long with a picture a day (although since Instagram has been created, I do take a lot of pics with my phone).

So, here are my goals for 2013, which I've categorized into physical, spiritual, and family goals.
Physical Goals:
3 hours of cardio a week (not counting my regular training sessions)
Run a 10k without walking
Do 8 weeks of "clean eating" (meaning, no processed foods)

Spiritual Goals:
In-depth Bible Study daily
Memorize one scripture verse a month as a family

Family/Personal Goals:
Make a to-do list each week that includes a meal plan
Have a "date" once a month with each of the kids
Have a date once a month with Don

So what about you?  Do you have goals for the year?  Do you set resolutions?

No comments: